Sunday, December 15, 2013

Training and the challenge

Currently, I'm training to have my best running year yet!  I'm registered for my first marathon (Seattle Rock & Roll), my first 15K (Hot Chocolate), my second 13.1 (Mercer Island Half), and some 5Ks sprinkled in between!

On top of all that fun, a local running shop (Running Elements) is hosting the 12 Days of Christmas fitness challenge.  I believe the prize is a free pair of shoes, but I'm just enjoying it anyway!

The first day, we had to add 12 30 second sprints to our run.  Yesterday, we did circuits with burpees, push-ups, lunges, and squats for 11 minutes.  I finished that off with a quick 1.5 mile run and upper body weight training.

I'm not sure what's in store for today's challenge, but I have scheduled a 70-minute long run.  Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment