Sunday, December 15, 2013

10th day of Christmas Challenge

On the 10th day of Christmas my local running shop gave to me:  A challenge to run 10K (that's 6.2 miles for anyone new to running) today!  Since today's my long run day anyway, it worked out perfectly.  I ran 70 minutes for a total of 6.86 miles.

A nice surprise I found from today's run was that my 10K training time is now only 1 minute slower than my first 10K race time!

Since the temperature is a little chilly, I've been wearing a compression shirt made by Target's C9 brand.  C9 has worked out wonderfully for me throughout my training for a few great reasons:

1.  Price:  Being that it's a Target brand item, it's cheaper than you'll find in a pro shop.  There are always coupons for C9 gear and when using a Target REDcard, you'll save an extra 5%.  I've picked up quite a few pairs of running shorts for less than $10...  Since I first started at XXL pants and now wear an M, going cheaper made the most sense.

2.  Style and variety:  It's Target, so you'll have tons to choose from.  I believe that if you feel like you look great, you'll perform much better than you would if you were worried about how you looked. 

 3.  Quality:  I do own a few products from higher end brands, but across all brands: my results are the same, they're all in good shape, they get stinky just the same, they all look good! 

Anyway, that's a lot of talk about store brand products.  I'm looking forward to what tomorrow's challenge is! 


No comments:

Post a Comment