Thursday, December 19, 2013

My first group run

Tonight's LRS (Running Elements) Christmas challenge was to join this evening's running group and to jump rope for 6 minutes.

I showed up at the shop at 6PM and me Glen.  Glen is a running coach who travels all around to run marathons.  However, I was the only one there so it started to look like the run was going to get canceled!

A few minutes later, we had another person join us, and then one more as we were heading out the door.  It's definitely a cold evening!!!  One of the runners said that she was comfortable with a 10:00/mile pace.  Sounds good to me!

Glen had us run to areas of Bellevue that I had not seen before.  I've heard of Clyde Hill as that's where a buddy of mine lives at, but he never told me that you'd get a great view of Seattle and downtown Bellevue on the same loop!  I'm definitely going to run this area again. 

After that, we got into an area that wasn't as scenic.  It was also a slow climb for about 5 minutes...  I was definitely warm by then!

I took advantage of running with a coach.  He gave me some pointers about my training, upcoming races, and other training sessions in the area.  He said that a group of runners train on a track in Kirkland on Wednesdays.  I think I'll check it out!

Our run was about 4.6 miles in a little less than an hour.  It was a great run and nice change to my solo runs.  I'll be joining them again soon!

When I got home, I tore up my apartment looking for my jump rope as the one in the gym was missing.  Who would steal a jump rope?  Saboteurs...  that's who!  Anyway, the pic above was what I used to enter in today's contest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment