Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's snowing!

Yesterday was my first run in the snow... and maybe my last! 

The challenge presented by my LRS was to run 5K.  Easy enough right?  The night before, I packed all my gear and took it with me to work for a change in scenery.  I love the park near my house, but it's only a half mile circle.  On my way to work, it started snowing, and snowing and snowing and snowing.  It stopped before work was over, but was still on the ground.

I wasn't sure what running on the snow would be like.  I assumed it would be cold, slippery, and unstable.  Yes, yes, and yes!  Not only did my pace suffer significantly, but not having solid footing put some serious strain on my hamstrings!  I finished in 27:59 and my socks were soaking wet!

So with that, I'm happy for the experience, but I think I'm going to have to find some dry ground to run on next time!

I also stopped by my store (I work retail) after the run.  You never know how little people actually know you until you show up at work in your athletic gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment