Monday, December 23, 2013

Buddy run

Today I invited a couple of friends from work to join me in my 3 Mile w/Fartlek.  We ran at Downtown Bellevue Park where I normally run.  A first I was nervous that they would have a miserable time as non-runners typically don't like to run.  However, after the first lap, they were having a good time.  We maintained about a 10:10 pace and sprinkled in speedplay here and there.  This all worked out well as I found my LRS challenge was to run with a buddy!

At about 2.5 miles in, Glenn wanted to time himself around the park.  Downtown Bellevue Park is supposed to be .5 miles around, but my GPS has it closed to about .44.  He did a great job an finished one lap in 3:28.  I'm happy to say that I kept up!

My other friend was having some muscle soreness so he had to take a few breaks.  Better safe than sorry!  He'll be running the full park in no time!

In the end, we did 5K in 32:58.  Not bad for a guy who hasn't run in about 13 years!  I'm hoping they'll join me again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment