Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year!

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I know many do and they don't stick to them.  I'm definitely guilty of this, but I figure blogging about it will drive accountability and keep me focused.  
In trying to find what's right for me I read quite a few articles...  And you know what? They are so negative! So many articles explain why resolutions don't work.  Well...  I want to prove them wrong!
Every month, I'm going to have a check-in on my progress and I'm going to make a lot of resolutions because I have lots to work on!
Here they are:
- Run 1000 miles.  For many runners, this will be easy, but I haven't done it yet so it's a goal! The nice thing about having my long runs on Sunday is to be able to play some catch up where I might have been slacking!
- Run or ride my bike to work 100 days. This will help with every other resolution I have and should last me the year!  Perhaps a triathlon is in my future.  Iron man?
- Get to 180 lbs.  I've reached my goal for 2013 by getting under 200. I have some weight to keep working on!
- Get out of Credit Card debt. Not a fitness goal, but very important to me.  Plus, this is a big source of stress for me that I'd love to be rid of.
- Run a full marathon.  It's all about achieving what I considered to be impossible!

This is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment