Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back in action!

Tonight I made an attempt at a 40 minute tempo run, but it was more like torture.  I suppose I'm still sick, but didn't know how badly until the second mile.  I still completed the 40 minutes, but I felt like each step was a kick in my lungs...  I'm sure more advanced runners would advise against it!
Oh...  And I ran with my new shoes for the first time.  I'll give a better review later.  For now, I'll define them as "grippy."

I've only gone through 2 long training sessions.  The first was when I first started running/racing and the second was for my half marathon.  The truth is, you're gonna have bad runs and it can be discouraging, but don't give up!  See it as a part of your training.  Racing is hard, but maybe it won't be as hard as last night: coming off of a cold, breaking in new shoes, rain and wind in my face, lots of teens smoking on the path, super hungry, can't seem to pick up the pace.  This builds resilience and humbles us.  So, runners, I wish you many great runs, and a few lame ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment