Friday, January 10, 2014

Group Run with Running Elements

Last night I went on a group run with my LRS.  We did almost the same loop as the last time, but we skipped the terrible hill at Meydenbauer Beach.  My running buddy was Kate from Running Elements.  She gave me some advice on running hills and said to look into run-walking races. 

This is what I learned:
Uphill - lean forward with a straight back and shorten your stride.  The idea behind this is to use less energy while propelling yourself forward. 

Downhill - lengthen my stride a little and expand my chest.  Take full breaths.  Running downhill needs to be the recovery from running uphill...  I know that seems like common sense, but prior to this advice, I had been exhausting myself uphill and downhill.  The goal is consistency!

No comments:

Post a Comment