Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Workout Forecast and Mercer Slough

I remembered!  Hooray!!  This week looks like an easy one with a 5K on Sunday...  I haven't found one to race so I might just skip that and go for another long run.  I've had a rough day at work so a long run might be just what the doctor ordered!

After work today I ran around Mercer Slough with Glenn.  I run through Mercer Slough during my commute, but I haven't had the chance to really explore... and you know what?  We found some pretty cool stuff!  About 1/2 of the course is mulch which was great on my joints (which are a little sore from yesterday's long run) and the other half was boardwalk. 
On the East side of the park, there were many steep, but very short hills.  Glenn encouraged me to use Kate's advice (it looks like somebody has been reading my blog!).  We also missed our turn a couple of times, but that's OK!  You'll never know what you will find...

Speaking of that, we ran into an old building.  This was apparently the boiler for the greenhouses that were here more than 100 years ago.  Due to development in Bellevue, the landscape had changed a lot and the building is now submerged in the wetland.  I'm glad I had a chance to find it before it's lost forever.  It was nice to learn a little something out there today!

And here's my forecast!

Monday, January 13, 2014:  3M run and Strength Training
Tuesday, January 14, 2014:  7 x Hill Repeats
Wednesday, January 15, 2014:  3M run and Swim
Thursday, January 16, 2014:  30 min Tempo
Friday, January 17, 2014:  Easy Run
Saturday, January 18, 2014:  Rest, Stretch, and Beer
Sunday, January 19, 2014:  5K Race (still looking for one)

No comments:

Post a Comment