Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Long Run of 2014

Today I completed my first long run of the year!  I live in downtown Bellevue and ran out to Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island for a total of 9 miles.  It took me about an hour and 40, but I wasn't looking to make good time today.  Just a relaxing, endurance building run.

In this run, I also got a little preview of what to expect in the Mercer Island half... and that, my friends, is soreness from the many, many hills!!! 

This was also the first long run that I completed with my Saucony Triumph 10s.  My feet feel fine, no numbness, no pain, but I do have some shin splints which I don't usually get.  This could be due to the amount of hills I've been running this week though.  Compared to a treadmill, my times are definitely slower, but I'm glad that I've pushed myself to get outside this time around.  Not only do I feel its effect on my training, but my mood in general has been a lot better...  One thing I do wish though, male bikers and runners on I-90 bridge, try cheering up a little!  I've never seen such a group of bitchy athletes before.

No comments:

Post a Comment