Sunday, January 12, 2014

Today's Long Run - Phantom Lake

Today I was scheduled for a 90 minute Long Run.  I'm not too strict on these so I found a place that's about 5 miles away to make a 10 mile trip.  I found Phantom Lake in Bellevue near Lake Sammamish.

I left my house about 830AM.  It's supposed to rain today so I wore long pants and my brooks jacket.  I also covered myself in BodyGlide today because last weekend's long run gave me a rash that freaked me out.

And I was off!

I ran down Main Street from my place toward the Bellevue Botanical Gardens.  It looked like they were having some construction going on so I bypassed that and just ran into the park.

There were various uphills and downhills so I tried to use Kate's advise.  Shoulders down-ass up on uphills and longer strides on downhills.  She was right!  I felt that my running was a little more efficient today.

After the first two parks, I ended up at Larsen Lake.  Lots of ducks and a cute little lake.  Most importantly for me, there were trash cans!  GU stop!  I had the vanilla bean flavor... good stuff!

I then ran through what I believe is called the GreenBelt.  Pretty boring, but looks nice.

I finally made it to Phantom Lake.  What a cool place hidden in Bellevue.  When people think of Bellevue, they think of downtown... who knew such cool places were available to those looking.

Anyway... I came home...  one more Salted Caramel GU later and I've had a few beers with lunch...  today's post is very rant-like.  Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really nice, Ryan. I don't know Phantom Lake, but will definitely look for it. I was running through the wetlands in Bothell today, and then down the Sammamish River Trail/Burke Gilman for a bit. I hope you beat the rain - I got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried running anywhere North of here yet, but will definitely look into it especially when my long runs build to the high teens/20 miles!

    ReplyDelete